Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 5: Target Audience

So far this has been the most useful one for me and my program.

One of the things I have to talk with my students about is, "Who are you talking with?" This is an important question for Emerging Technologists (ETs-and yes we phone home to talk to our Moms :) ) because we sometimes speak over the heads of our clients and supervisors. For Digital Natives technology comes easy to them. So when they have to discuss it with Digital Immigrants they sometimes skip over things because to them this should be common knowledge. When I give them scenarios to play out they often involve someone who is over 35 and has a very basic knowledge of technology. This prepares them for the type of work they will be doing in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Too much Tech Talk can lose your audiences. That is where knowing your Audience plays a vital role in an effective presentation.

    ReplyDelete