Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 5 - Effective Presentations

I LOVED this module.  I can and WILL be using this module in my FSSE course during the 7 week session I am starting in 2 weeks.  I found this to be a quick intro to giving a presentation and one that is desperately needed.  I try to tell my students to think about how their instructors are presenting material to them and mimic that but they just don't get it. I felt like this module clearly states that the purpose of the PowerPoint is to provide you a compliment your presentation not provide a 'script' for it.  I find many of my students just read from their slides.  It is very frustrating.

So the long and short of it is.... I will definitely be using this as a resource.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney - I would like to hear about how you will be applying this module to the FSSE class. I agree with you that this section has the most applicable information. For one of my classes - I have the students teach the class using the material we are covering for the week. They have to do a group presentation. Having to instruct someone else helps them to learn the material even better. I am trying to think how I could expand on this assignment using the information from this module? This is probably what I will do my lesson plan on for the Bootcamp.

    ReplyDelete